Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dragon's Back


Another illustration for my kids story Days With Dad. This is based on an actual incident when my Dad decided to install a totally new engine in our car the day before we were supposed to drive from Oakland to Los Angeles, about a 400-mile trip. My mother freaked out, like any rational person would and my Dad was like, "What's the big deal?" The idea that something could go wrong never entered his mind. So we were driving up a long steep mountain called the Grapevine and the engine started to overheat because it should have been broken in properly before being subjected to strenuous usage. Dad was about to pull over and stop when it began to rain. The rain cooled down the engine, we got over the mountain, and Dad proceeded to go about 130. I'm calling the Grapevine the Dragon's Back in this story.

No comments: