Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Zenboyz

And now for something completely different! I was dragged kicking and screaming into the digital world and recall with teeth-gritting fondness the difficulty I had learning graphics software. But on the rare occasion that I create a digital image, I really enjoy it. This was done with Illustrator CS6 and is entirely vector. I still prefer the direct tactile interface of a brush or pen but there are definitely some advantages to digital, like moving things around and changing colors.

A while back I attempted to create a sportswear company with my cousin. Things never worked out with the company but we were going to call it Zenboyz. I recently had an opportunity to use the name for a design identity contest and this was my entry. I wanted to create an image that would allude to Eastern philosophy but in a way that was playful and didn't take itself too seriously. The target is a reference to a zen exercise that employs archery as a training device.

No comments: