Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cindy

A memorial commission for cousins J&D's dog Cindy. She was a wonderful pet and FLUFFY!!! I'm quite chuffed at how well this one came out although her heavy coat kept throwing off my sense of scale. Usually it's not a challenge to figure out where things go but with so much of her anatomical structure hidden I was struggling a bit. Oftentimes there is a point in a painting when you know something isn't working, can't quite figure out what to do about it, and think it's time to paint out and re-start. This is a good time to take a break, go for a walk or ride, and think about something else. So that's what happened and after my break I came back and saw what to do. I painted out part of what I had done and re-adjusted the drawing. Then the rest came together painlessly. 16" x 20", acrylic on canvas.


No comments: