Friday, October 17, 2008

"Sadie Hawkins"


Jules is a friend that works at a store adjacent to the one where I worked. She saw the painting I did of Fonzie and commissioned me to do a painting of her dog Sadie Hawkins that died earlier this year. She told me that Sadie loved the beach and wanted me to include waves and asked if I could create a blue sky with clouds. My initial reaction was "Oy vey, that's too cheery for me," but I decided to give it a go and it came out better than I expected. Doing something like this is not about me but rather how someone wants to remember their pet. Her elated reaction made the experience worthwhile and also unexpectedly rewarding because Jules has since become an ardent promoter of my work. Having someone else believe in you always helps. Acrylic on canvas, 24" by 24".

No comments: